KYOCERA introduces new Silicon Nitride Igniter for residential Gas Furnace
Kyocera has developed a long life igniter for residential heating systems which is referred to as the most robust igniter in the world 
21. marts 2017
Kyoto / Neuss – Kyocera, a Japanese technology group, has developed a new silicon nitride igniter with exceptional endurance and very stable ignition performance for European residential gas furnaces. Kyocera`s SN igniter has been regarded as one of the most robust igniters in the world and heats up to more than 1000 degrees Celsius. As the new igniter can be operated at rated residential voltage, no high voltage protection is needed for either systems or modules. This allows flexible components selection and contributes to cost savings on the total system.
The new 230V SN igniter heats up to more than 1000 degrees Celsius very quickly and smoothly sparks off natural gas. Compared to conventional spark plugs, Kyocera´s igniter has a wider hot surface and enables a very stable ignition performance. In a test circuit with 40K cycles, the igniter achieved a defect rate of zero.
Furthermore, the igniter shows a very small resistance change over life time which results in yet another advantage: the igniter shows no degradation which gives customers easier control over the heating system.
Kyocera has relied on and continuously expanded its expertise in material and manufacturing technology in the field of technical ceramics since its foundation in 1959. The new silicon nitride igniter is another product that enriches Kyocera´s broad brand portfolio.
 Based on internal measurements carried out by Kyocera
For more information about Kyocera: www.kyocera.eu
- René Rolandsen er ny Salgsdirektør hos Kyocera Document Solutions Danmark
- KYOCERA Document Solutions Europe Achieves ISO27001 Certification
- New KYOCERA Ceramic RFID Package With Embedded Antenna Increases Read Range up to 2X
- Toshiba Materials and Kyocera Agree to Collaborate on Development and Production of Nitride Ceramic Components
- KYOCERA founder Dr. Kazuo Inamori to open inaugural Kyoto Prize at Oxford lectures
- Ny KYOCERA a-Si Photoreceptor Tromle til Dokumenthåndterings Udstyr Forbedrer Holdbarheden, Reducerer Intern Friktion med 30 Procent
- KYOCERA Introduces New 6.2” AWVII LCD for Industrial Applications
- KYOCERA introduces new Silicon Nitride Igniter for residential Gas Furnace
- KYOCERA Document Solutions Inc. vinder fire iF Design Awards
- KYOCERA DOCUMENT SOLUTIONS INC. WINS GOOD DESIGN AWARD 2016 FOR FOUR A4 PRINTERS AND MFPS
- KYOCERA DOCUMENT SOLUTIONS NAME A "MAJOR PLAYER" IN IDC MARKETSCAPE: WORLDWIDE DOCUMENT WORKFLOW SERVICES 2016
- KYOCERA TILFØJER NY PRINTER OG MFP SERIE
- electronica 2016: Kyocera presents brand new technologies for the automotive industry
- Robust, thin and light – Kyocera presents a modern 5.7-inch module for industrial applications
- Derfor går produktivitet og digitalisering hånd i hånd