Toshiba Materials and Kyocera Agree to Collaborate on Development and Production of Nitride Ceramic Components
12. juni 2017
Kyoto/London - Toshiba Materials Co., Ltd. (President: Kumpei Kobayashi) and Kyocera Corporation (President: Hideo Tanimoto) announced that the two companies have agreed to start full-scale collaboration on development and production of nitride ceramic components.
Used as heat-dissipating and insulating parts in power semiconductors, demand is increasing for nitride ceramic components possessing excellent thermal conductivity and mechanical properties as energy-saving requirements heighten in the automotive and railway industries. It is also expected that adoption of nitride ceramics will expand in semiconductor production equipment (SPE) as they enable precise temperature control at higher temperatures in the production process.
The two companies decided to work together in order to blend the material technologies on nitride ceramics possessed by Toshiba Materials with the special ceramic processing technologies possessed by Kyocera. The collaboration aims to achieve higher competitiveness in the ceramics market by providing highly functional products such as power semiconductor components with high heat-dissipating properties, and components for SPE that allow precise temperature control under high temperatures — both of which cannot be realized with conventional technologies.
The two companies have been working on joint development of power semiconductors and components for SPE since 2014. Having obtained good results from trial products developed out of the joint project, the companies have decided to launch full-scale collaboration. Based on this agreement, the companies will seek further possibilities through collaboration and synergy to accelerate development and commercialization by organizing a working team and joint investment.
For more information on Toshiba Materials:
Toshiba Materials Co., Ltd. was demerged from Toshiba Corporation in 2003. With material designing technology as a core, Toshiba Materials has supplied key material and key components which support development of society. Main products are metallic materials, components, fine ceramics parts and chemical materials. During the year ended March 31, 2017, the company’s net sales totaled 14 billion yen (approx. USD127 million).
Toshiba Materials Co.,Ltd. (Japan)
HR & Administration Group
Kenji Suzuki, +81-(0)3-3457-4874
For more information about Kyocera: www.kyocera.eu
- Press Release (pdf) (186,20 KB)
- Engageret Account Manager Direkte Salg
- KYOCERA receives "Highly Recommended" rating from BLI for thirteen products
- SIX KYOCERA PRODUCTS AWARDED “2017 SUMMER PICK” FROM BUYERS LAB
- René Rolandsen er ny Salgsdirektør hos Kyocera Document Solutions Danmark
- KYOCERA Document Solutions Europe Achieves ISO27001 Certification
- New KYOCERA Ceramic RFID Package With Embedded Antenna Increases Read Range up to 2X
- Toshiba Materials and Kyocera Agree to Collaborate on Development and Production of Nitride Ceramic Components
- KYOCERA founder Dr. Kazuo Inamori to open inaugural Kyoto Prize at Oxford lectures
- Ny KYOCERA a-Si Photoreceptor Tromle til Dokumenthåndterings Udstyr Forbedrer Holdbarheden, Reducerer Intern Friktion med 30 Procent
- KYOCERA Introduces New 6.2” AWVII LCD for Industrial Applications
- KYOCERA introduces new Silicon Nitride Igniter for residential Gas Furnace
- KYOCERA Document Solutions Inc. vinder fire iF Design Awards
- KYOCERA DOCUMENT SOLUTIONS INC. WINS GOOD DESIGN AWARD 2016 FOR FOUR A4 PRINTERS AND MFPS
- KYOCERA DOCUMENT SOLUTIONS NAME A "MAJOR PLAYER" IN IDC MARKETSCAPE: WORLDWIDE DOCUMENT WORKFLOW SERVICES 2016
- KYOCERA TILFØJER NY PRINTER OG MFP SERIE